When I turned 40, a friend of mine gave me the book One Thousand Gifts by Anne Voskamp. The book inspired me to find my own 1000 thanks. It sounds much easier than it actually is. In 5 months, I got to 500. I’ve tried the challenge a couple more times [like every November 1], but never have gotten as far. But it’s a worthwhile dare, whether or not completed.
As we move to the end of the calendar year, Jon and I thought it would be good to be more reflective in our next chat. The end of the year always feels like a good time to think about what we are thankful, grateful for and it has been shown that it is good for you to write down what you are thankful for. And it also helps that we are chatting right after Thanksgiving. So grab that last bit of leftover turkey & gravy and think about your answers:
- Where are you joining us from tonight & what’s in your glass?
- As we enter the holiday season, what’s one thing you’re thankful for professionally this year?
- What’s one thing you are thankful for personally this year?
- What’s one thing you’ve learned during #HRSocialHour since we started the chat?
- How can you apply what you’ve learned in #HRSocialHour to your daily work?
- We want to keep each other accountable in 2018. What’s one professional resolution you’d like to make in the coming year? #HRSocialHour
- BONUS: If you could choose one discussion topic for #HRSocialHour in 2018, what would it be?
Then join us on Twitter, from the comfort of your home, on Sunday, November 26, 7 p.m ET.