Jon and I are putting together our plan for #SHRM18 so we wanted to be sure to share it so we can be sure to connect with you!
I’ve also highlighted the speakers we spoke with so you can check out what we learned and maybe add their session to your schedule (we might not be at all of them, but don’t let that deter you from attending one that piques your interest)! Don’t forget to download the app to help you keep your schedule all in one place.
Saturday June 16
- 10:30 a.m. Brunch at Punch Bowl Social. Please RSVP on Facebook so I can ensure the reservation will cover us!
- Touring around Chicago the rest of the day – maybe hit some museums
- 5:00 p.m. Deep Dish Pizza at Gino’s East
Sunday June 17
- 10 am Sunday Stroll, start earning those steps for the FitBit Challenge! RSVP Here.
- 12 noon. Blogger Lounge for check in & blogger briefing
- 12:30 You will see me in complete indecisive mode! Cy Wakeman & Jennifer McClure on at the same time?? (At least Jennifer has a 2nd session on Tuesday at 4 p.m.)
- 2:30 Opening session & key note Jeb Bush
- After the keynote, I’m planning to hang out near the Smart Stage!
- Evening: Vendor Expo
- After the Expo we will be helping with the Amazing HR Race.
Monday, June 18
- 8:30 General Session & key note, Oscar Munoz
- 11:10: Michael Wilkinson, Smart Stage presentation “3 Reasons People Disagree”
- Noon: #HRSocialHour Guest photo at the photo booth
- Jon & I will be at a variety of sessions throughout the day and in the lounge in between sessions. You will likely find me around the Smart Stage!
- 5 p.m. SHRM18 Bloggers & Friends Happy Hour at the House of Blues
- 5:30 p.m. SHRM Certified Good Time party
- 7 p.m. I’m planning to visit the SHRM North Central Region Networking event.
We are definitely going to need our own Ranjit Monday evening!
Tuesday, June 19
- 7:00 Mike Mitchell: Driving Innovation: How Leadership Makes the Difference.
- 8:30 General Session & Key note Adam Grant
- More Smart Stage sessions
- 2:15 Michael Wilkinson: Taking a Facilitative Approach in Your Organization
- Hanging in the Bloggers’ Lounge to record some podcasts
- 4 p.m. I’ll definitely be at Jennifer McClure’s session on Personal Branding.
- 5 p.m. Next Chat Reception! (Thanks Ultipro!) We will definitely be here if only for a short time because we are also:
- 6 p.m. Rock the Yacht evening cruise on Lake Michigan
Wednesday, June 20
- 8:30 General Session & Key note, Cheryl Sandberg
- 10 am Not missing Mary Faulkner‘s session!
I have a super late flight (like 8 p.m.) so Jon & I will be hanging out Wednesday afternoon to record some podcasts and then some site seeing.