In order to be a strong HR professional, we need to keep learning. We need to stay on top of local, state & federal laws and policies; we need to know the trends and data and how these affect our companies. We cannot do this if we stay in our own little bubbles. You know how you learn best, but you should read, listen to and watch a wide variety of industry leaders and those who are out there sharing information and their own thoughts. You’ll find your favorites, but you need to stay open to other ideas, ones that are different and will challenge your current way of thinking.
And not sure about you, but I prefer to learn from other HR professionals, people who are in the trenches day to day. Which is why I enjoy Twitter chats and the podcasts Jon and I have done. We really hope that you are finding the right people to reach out to that will help you grow your HR knowledge base.
To keep the learning going, we want to talk more about what you are working on/want to work on and share some resources during the next #HRSocialHour Chat on July 22.
- What’s in your glass?
- Do you have a specific area of #HR that you’re focusing on to develop your knowledge? If so, what is it?
- Besides experience/time in job, what tools/materials have you found to be most effective in developing your HR knowledge?
- We’re in the midst of certification testing season. Are you pursuing any certifications or other education?
- Any events/webinars/conferences coming up that you’d recommend to us from a learning perspective?
- What can those of us in the #HRSocialHour do to help you right now?
- If you could add one question to the “Question Connection” segment on the podcast, what would it be?
So mark your calendars & we’ll see you on Twitter at 7 pm ET on July 22!