As the year comes to a close, if you are like me, you are looking forward to all the good food that inevitably shows up in the office. And a veggie tray doesn’t say Happy Holidays as well as the brownie variety tray, does it? All those goodies lead us right to New Year’s Resolutions (and whose big idea was that?) which lead to Wellness. Most people have some sort of resolution that has something to do with Wellness. In the last 10 years or so, businesses have jumped on the bandwagon and will offer Wellness Programs, the main thought behind it is that a healthier workforce = lower healthcare costs. (do they though? Research says maybe not) Even if they don’t, I’m going to wager Wellness Programs are going to be around for a while, so we might as well know what we’re talking about!
Wellness likely falls under HR, probably as part of “other duties as assigned” or our awesome knowledge around the health insurance plan. So, let’s learn from each other! We want to talk about what you’ve done, what you plan to do and, most importantly, what parts of your program are you taking advantage of? (Hopefully the flu shot if it’s offered, right?)
Please join us on Sunday, October 28 at 7 pm ET on Twitter under #HRSocialHour for a fun filled conversation! Be sure to use the hashtag during the conversation.
- Q1. What’s in your glass?
- Q2. How do you and/or your organization defined #EmployeeWellness?
- Q3. Have you implemented any wellness programs/initiatives that have benefited your organization? Or have plans to?
- Q4. Any vendors you’ve had success with that you’d recommend to others considering implementing wellness initiatives?
- Q5. What programs have you taken advantage of personally or what programs would you want to see that you would take advantage of?
- Q6. What else can those of use in the #HRSocialHour do to help you right now?
- QTG. Any topics you’d like to seen covered in chats for 2019?