Employee recognition is one of the evergreen topic for everyone in HR. It’s one of those topics that continues to bring people into your break out session or click on your link. Why? Because we want to believe that there is a silver bullet answer to “solving” the problem. But here’s the thing: employee recognition doesn’t have to be difficult — it’s all about getting to know your employees and using that information to recognize them, counsel them, to help them grow.
As Thanksgiving in the United States is just around the corner (almost time to get my turkey in my apple cider brine) AND we have an awesome new sponsor in the #SHRMFern, I mean Bonusly, Jon & I thought this would be a great month to have Recognition as our topic for the monthly chat. We hope you will join us with new Bonusly Head of People Ops Stacy Tumarkin on Sunday 11/24 at 7 pm ET for ideas on why employee recognition is important and maybe some ideas for implementation. And don’t forget to use #HRSocialHour!
- What’s in your glass?
- Do you have a formal recognition program in place? If yes, how does it work? If no, do you think such a program would improve employee engagement?
- How important is employee recognition in your organization? How is recognition communicated to staff?
- What changes have you seen, if any, during your career (HR or otherwise) when it comes to what employees look for in recognition?
- How do you personally like to be recognized for a job well done?
- As we approach Thanksgiving (in the US), what’s something you could do to recognize a peer this week?
- How can those of us in the #HRSocialHour community help you right now?