Keeping with the recruitment theme this month, we are excited to welcome Centennial Inc as co-host and sponsor of our January 26th chat. We loved talking with Mike Sipple Jr on his visit to #HRSocialHour and on his podcast, Talent Magnet Institute Podcast.
Centennial has been in business for over 40 years. They empower organizations to plan, hire, retain and grow. They partner with growth-minded organizations to build and develop vibrant leadership teams and deliver results and value to their organizations. Be sure to check them out for your executive search needs!
I’ve done a little executive recruitment in my past and it is different. From the hiring managers (department sometimes!), board members, talent acquisition leadership and the candidates, the expectations are much different from other staff hires. There’s more courting, hand holding through the process. I can remember apologizing because we need the CEO (for a rural hospital) candidates to complete our online application process (which probably says more about our ATS than the actual process!) One interview would take 3-4 days, depending on the location of the candidate. And so much coordination to get the right people in the room to be able to put their 2 cents in for candidate feedback. Even though only one or two people actually made the final decision. There are probably a lot of things we do at this level that are unnecessary. And there are a lot of things we do at this level that we could easily implement at the lower levels. Maybe we should do more courting at the entry level positions.
We are excited to have this chat — and I hope you will join us, even if you aren’t in talent acquisition or executive recruitment. I believe there are processes and parts of executive recruitment that can and should be shared across other HR processes! Join us on Twitter 1/26 6 pm CT.
- What’s in your glass?
- Do you get involved in hiring the executive level? Is the process different than hiring other employees? Should it be?
- If you’ve engaged a third party recruiter with high level hiring, what advice can you share to make it an effective relationship for all involved?
- What advice would you give someone making their first high level hire for their organization?
- What advice would you give someone who is interested in a position at the executive level?
- How can those of us in #HRSocialHour help you right now?