Last summer, Jon & I were invited by Callie Zipple to keynote at the Emerging Professionals event as a kick off to the 2019 SHRM conference. We love chatting with young professionals, those who are making the choice early in life to join the HR profession. We are excited to be joined by Amanda Brunson for the first chat of March to talk about experiences & share some advice with other emerging professionals!
We hope you will join us, regardless of where you are in your career path! Share your experiences, questions, and some advice for others on Sunday March 8, 7 pm ET on Twitter. Be sure to use #HRSocialHour in your tweets so we can follow you!
- What’s in your glass?
- Why did you decide to pursue the #HR profession?
- Did you start in a specialist or generalist role? What do you believe are the pros and cons for each early in your career?
- What advice do you wish you would have known when you were in the first couple years of your career?
- How do you connect with other emerging #HR pros?
- Have you had a mentor either assigned by your organization or otherwise? What benefit have you seen if so?
- If you’re an emerging #HR pro or leader, what can we do to help you?