Like most HR professionals on Twitter, I’ve been following Steve Browne for quite some time. He shares great content and is a strong supporter of getting and staying connected, in person and online. He has been an advocate of the #HRSocialHour since we began the chat and joined us for both our 1st and 100th episode of the podcast. So naturally, when he brought out his 2nd book, we thought it would be a great topic for a chat. And if you haven’t had a chance to read it, no problem. We’ll be covering some highlights!
We are excited to share this deeper dive into a few topics covered by Steve. Join us on Twitter at 7 pm ET on Sunday July 26. Don’t forget to use #HRSocialHour in your tweets so we can all keep up with the conversation.
- What’s in your glass?
- Have you read #HRRising yet?
- In your current role, do you “lead” or “support”?
- Does your organization view #HR as part of the business or on the outside looking in?
- What are some steps you can take to lead from your current role in #HR, regardless of how HR is viewed by the org?
- Steve notes a new “theory” that companies work best from People + Processes = Results. Are you doing this or are results leading your efforts?
- Are you leading from a “people first” lens or a “policy first” lens? Why?
- QTG: How can we help you keep HR Rising – personally and professionally?