As someone who has been called a “job hopper” more than once, I find it very interesting that there is now data to show that people change careers up to 7 times in their lifetime — heck, Barbie has had over 200 different careers in her lifetime! So I was excited when Tom Daniels wanted to cohost a chat where we can talk about the varying careers we may have had throughout our careers and transitioning into HR. Most of you know neither Jon or I started out in HR and were on a completely different path!
I’m excited about this chat and I hope you will join us on 3/28 at 6 pm CT on Twitter! See you there!
- Q1. What’s in your glass?
- Q2. Many believe that people may have as many as 7 careers in their lifetime. How would you define a career?
- Q2. What was your first #HR related/adjacent job and how did you get it?
- Q3. What advice would you have for someone wanting to transition into an #HR role (from another functional area)?
- Q4. Does your organization have any specific programs focused on recruiting veterans? What about those with criminal records?
- Q5. What activities are you or your organization engaged in to help prepare the next generation of the workforce?
- Q6. What are the top 3 things someone can do to get a quick start on their career?