We all know that professional development, continuous learning is important for anyone, at any stage of employment or level of leadership. To paraphrase Ricky Bobby, “If you ain’t learning, you’re last.” And even if you don’t want to be first, it’s important to be able to keep moving forward because as we all know, nothing ever stays the same. We shouldn’t wait around for things to change or for someone to tell us it’s time to learn something new. But sometimes it is hard to know where to find the right education — after all, there are multiple webinars, conferences, virtual events every single day. How do you figure out where to spend your time (and maybe even your dollars)?
Join us with Christie Engler as we chat about professional development in 2022. We’ll be on Twitter at 7 pm ET on Sunday, January 23.
- Q1. What’s in your glass?
- Q2. What are your professional development goals for 2022?
- Q3. Where do you go for professional development and do you seek out specific providers based on subject?
- Q4. Do you prefer in person or virtual development sessions and why?
- Q5. Are there enough options to assist you in the current stage of your career and how do you believe development sessions could be better tailored to you?
- Q6. Tell us about the last development session or event you attended that really made an impact on you. What made it so impactful?
- Q7. What type of learning would you recommend for someone in early career HR?
- QTG. Let’s update our learning lists. What books, blogs, or podcasts would you recommend to fellow HR pros?