It’s #PrideMonth! As the month comes to an end, we know this is an opportunity to review how you as the an individual or as an organization contribute to the community or to supporting the community. If you aren’t part of the LGBTQ+ 🏳️🌈 community, it can still be difficult to know how to create an environment where folks feel comfortable sharing that part of themselves.
Today (6/21), Katee VanHorne shared this on Twitter: “Education on pride in the workplace is an ongoing process — not only in June, but every month! It is crucial that each employee feels included and safe in their place of work.” June is a reminder that it’s time to make changes and determine what next steps you need to take as an organization to be a better ally.
Jon and I hope you will join us on Sunday June 26 at 7 pm ET on Twitter to talk about Pride Month, equity and being a better ally.
- Q1. What’s in your glass?
- Q2. What are your gender pronouns and why is it important for us to reference them?
- Q3. What words come to mind when you hear of #PrideMonth?
- Q4. Does your organization celebrate #PrideMonth? If so, how?
- Q5. How can we build and embrace an atmosphere of inclusion, regardless of our personal or religious views?
- Q6. Looking back, what would you do differently in order to better educate yourself and others to affirm and include the LGBTQ+ community?
- Q7. How important is allyship and how does an ally support the LGBTQ+ community?
- QTG. How can those of us in #HRSocialHour help you right now?