One of the HR Buzzwords is Employee Engagement. Every organization wants their employees to be engaged, but do we really understand what that means to the organization or how we know whether or not our employees are truly engaged?
I think one of the things we forget is that even our most engaged employees aren’t engaged 100% of the time. What we want is most of our employees to be engaged most of the time. There are a variety of ways to go about engaging your staff, after all it is a two way street. If you want your employees engaged in you, you need to engage with them. And it goes way beyond the free coffee and air hockey table (though those are nice).
But you already know this, which is why you will be at the next #HRSocialHour #TwitterChat on Sunday August 14 7 pm ET to talk about Employee Engagement – what’s worked and what hasn’t in your experience. Mark your calendar, set your reminder and join us!
- Q1. What’s in your glass?
- Q2. Who owns employee engagement in your organization? Is that who you think should own it and if not who do you believe should?
- Q3. Do you collect feedback from your employees? What do you use and how often?
- Q4. Employees are not likely to be more engaged than their manager. When managers are already overwhelmed by their other responsibilities what is the best way to engage them?
- Q5. What strategies has your organization put in place to retain talent (or have you put in such strategies)? Do you believe those strategies have proven successful?
- Q6. Has your organization adjusted to protect your organization’s brand? If so, how?
- Q7. How long do you believe the current challenges many organizations are facing with talent will continue?